Wednesday, December 1, 2010

hiromix



Hiromix is a successful female photographer from Japan. Born in 1976 in Tokyo as Toshikawa Hiromi, she was able to establish a name for herslef quite early as one of the most prominent representatives of the private/ introspective and snapshot style. In 1995, her photo diary series, Seventeen Girl Days, won the Canon’s 11th New Cosmos of Photography award.

Recently, I have bought her second photobook (almost identical in concept with "girls blue", which had a much more edgier feel but is now out of print), titled "HIROMIX", which contains random photos of herslef and everyday things, mainly food, flowers, pets, and friends (including actor Hiroyuki Ikeuchi and photographer Takashi Homma with blonde hair).

"Photography is the place where I can express all of what I feel and think in my everyday life. It would not be understood by grown-ups or kids - only we can see what it is. So, I don't expect everyone to understand it. It just makes me so happy when it reaches people, even a few."

For more on Hirmoix link here or here. For an interview link here. Photo source.

0 comments: