Monday, September 10, 2012

4 am



My body hasn't moved for hours. It feels paralyzed and estranged. Could I move now if I wanted to? A heavy weight lingers on my chest. I stare at the blackness of the night and doubt that it will be repainted in the morning.

Not just my body, time has frozen, too. It's been standing still for hours. For ever? I can hear the sound of a clock. Tic Tac, Tic Tac, Tic Tac... Never getting out of pace...It is as if "Tic" has always been followed by "Tac". And "Tac" by "Tic". And "Tic" by "Tac". A dreadful song of Togetherness is being sung...And my heart desperately tries to beat in pace with this rhythm.

Have I gone mad?

But then: Relief. I am being held by the morning light. Yet, I am not shedding any tears, grateful to be alive. Instead, I'm going back to sleep, knowing that once the alarm rings, everyone looks up at the same sky.

0 comments: