Saturday, August 28, 2010

between bears


It's saturday morning, it's cartoon morning!

This week's cartoon has a somewhat difficult to grasp, abstract concept but is technically and visually stunning. It is Eran Hilleli's graduation film at Bezalel Academy of Art and Design and was created using a mix of 2d and 3d (Maya and After Effects). The music was composed especially for the animation short by Ori Avni and performed by Ori Avni and Daniela Spector.

I especially like the paper-art feeling and the sounds in the video, I have to admit however that I was left puzzled with respect to its meaning and I think that grasping the idea behind the animation would increase its effect on the viewer. The only hint the author gives is equally puzzling: "...a debt to my childhood and other lives I hope I lived. Inspired by words of songs I admire". Nevertheless, it's a great piece and I am sharing it below.

0 comments: