Sunday, August 29, 2010

my new medicine


On such a beautiful sunday I will share my newest medicine below. The post was orginally published on KoiKoiKoi, where I have written more details about the video.

The beautiful short film is titled "Dear Japan", was shot with a handheld Canon EOS 7D by Nathan Miller and brilliantly edited by Matthew Brown using the track "Empty Room Trailer Version" by Zack Hemsey.

What I especially like about it is that it feels like a dream, a memory or a flashback that looks familiar enough to belong to any of us. I have to say it diminishes my itchy feet to finally visit the country and my longing for that culture, so I am re-watching it regularly. Especially refreshing is that it does not use any stereotypical representation of Japan, and if it does, it comes across very subtly (I don't remember seeing one kimono/maiko in there!).

Enjoy the wonderful imagery, the impecable sound and the fast-paced but perfectly-timed editing of Matthew's "Dear Japan":

0 comments: