Tuesday, October 20, 2009

astro boy?


Here comes the Americanized 3D version of the popular series: Astro Boy, produced by Imagi Animation Studios. It was a Japanese manga series first published in 1952 and later an anime television program that began broadcasting in Japan in 1963. The story follows the adventures of a fictional robot named Astro Boy and a selection of other characters along the way. Creator Dr. Osamu Tezuka (1928 - 1989) was a Japanese manga artist, animator, producer and medical doctor. He is often credited as the "Godfather of Anime", or the "God of Manga" (picture via shanghaiist).




2 comments:

ecila said...

I hear boys don't have eye lashes ;-)

Very good post!

jellyfish said...

I had heard about this remake and I was a bit concerned. Only now have I discovered the trailer and I am horrified. I am not even impressed with the visuals, let alone anything else...However, I will watch and review it properly.

The post is actually not my merit...it's from the shanghaiist. I like their comments!