Friday, November 20, 2009

and action!


"What are you waiting for?", she asked.

"Well, I am waiting for the movie to start", I replied.

"But the movie has aaaalready started!", she cried in an enthusiastic voice. It seemed to me like every pore in her body was passionately urging me to look closely, as the answer was right there in front of me. "You still don't realize that, do you..." she continued in an almost affirmative tone, and I could sense that all her enthusiasm had suddenly dried out. Not because she had realized that I wasn't able to follow, but because she realized that she would not be the one to open my eyes.

"I feel like I am on stand-by", I said, and thought I had given an extremely witty answer.

3 comments:

ecila said...

It was indeed a very witty answer. The best answer I can imagine.

jellyfish said...

:-) and yet, it is you who said: "people live as if they would be living on forever".

it might be better to just wake up in the middle of the movie instead of realizing at the end that they have missed it entirely ;-)

ecila said...

lolol, have to be more careful with what I say ;-) Hey but I am included in the "people" that I referred to, unfortunately :-P

Only once I left the room in the middle of a movie, and I don't regret it (not curious at all on how it ended). I got upset and just got up and left. I remember the sun was shinning outside, it was such a good feeling, a freedom to choose, even I had payed for it. Guess I have to get that courage again :-)