Thursday, May 27, 2010

personal projects


Whenever I get the time, I want to work on several personal projects:

1. visual inspiration from Romania, is a short series of posts (maybe 5?) that will help me introduce Romanian artists to a larger audience. The focus of these posts lies less on fine arts in the traditional sense but more on urban, pop & digital art and youth culture in Romania. The first part can be found here on KoiKoiKoi.

2. music from Macau is a short series of posts planned for NeochaEDGE. It will profile several bands and DJ's and feature interviews with them and music videos of live performances. I am also planning an article featuring interviews with Portuguese and Chinese people from Macau (music critics, producers etc), who describe and comment on the current state of the local music scene. I am not sure yet, where I could submit such an article, but the people I have met so far, make it difficult for me not to want to put everything I discover on paper.

3. Chinese photography is a young project and the one that motivates me most at the moment. The idea behind it was that I wanted to introduce Chinese photographers, who I discover and interview for NeochaEDGE, to a German audience. Since I have access to both cultures, why not make something beautiful out of it? I have the opportunity to guest-blog for a German photography blog and I received pretty much freedom in what and how I wanted to write. But the more I plan this article, the more confused I become about its concept and what I want to achieve with it. And on top of everything I anticipate that it will take time. It's a long process of viewing portfolios, conversing with photographers, Chinese bloggers and photography experts, using google translator A LOT, deciding on how to showcase together professional and amateur photographers of different generations and different styles. But the wait will be worth it!

It's so exciting to discover, share and hopefully inspire!

2 comments:

gregory said...

#3 do you follow #submono? know his great shanghai photo gallery, kunstlicht?

could be useful contact

jellyfish said...

Gregory, thank you so much for the info! I am now following #submono and will maybe even try to contact him to ask for his opinion on the new generation of photographers from China. Maybe he even has suggestions.The nextkunst-licht project and its featured artists has definetely caught my attention!

I really appreciate your comment! Once, again: thank you!