Saturday, September 26, 2009

be a fool

Even though I am not a huge fan of "The Ark", I have to admit that their song "It Takes a Fool to Remain Sane" is one of my favourite Swedish songs. I adore the lyrics! It's probably a classic among sensitive high-schoolers, people belonging to different subcultures or, like me, dealing with post-adolescent angst. It takes a fool to remain true to oneself. The alternative: Be smart and go with the flow. It should be more convenient. But is this really what you want?


Why do we always try to do the "right" thing without questioning what the right thing actually is? Who decided what is right and wrong? Why should I be dictated by a crowd of cowards, who crashed under the weight of their own dreams, what to dream of? What to strive for, What I should act like? This song tells us not to fear what others might think of us and simply be ourselves: talk loud, dance lousy, laugh ugly, not smoke, smoke, listen to silly pop bands, „take it to the stage“ etc. It does take a lot of courage to be different. But you will love yourself for it (related post).

So you think this post was corny?

"Do, do, do, what you wanna do
Don't think twice, do, what you have to do
Do, do, do, do, let your heart decide what you have to do,
That's all there is to find."

0 comments: