Saturday, September 19, 2009

tales of two sisters


The Saturday Morning Cartoon Index is a wonderful collection of animated short movies. Since it is saturday morning ;) I am going to share some of my favourites with you and I will try to do so each saturday!

Today's theme are sister tales and I have two videos to share with you: I added Caroline Leaf's amazing animation, which I have found on the TSMC Index, to one I already had prepared for a post: Luis Cook's "Pearce Sisters". Please enjoy the magnificent but dark tales of sisterly love, the distressing aspects of human capabilities, and...the men that somehow manage to play an important part in their lives, as well.

Video No.1: "Two Sisters" by Caroline Leaf: This is a deeply emotional and dark story about a physically deformed writer and her caretaker-sister. One day their isolated lives are interrupted by a man compelled to meet the writer. Ten minutes of film that will stay with you for a long time.



2 comments:

ecila said...

Thanks for sharing, really very nice :-)

jellyfish said...

I like the first one by Caroline Leaf best, because it is deeper and I love the message. And the technique is so amazing: like the dream substance, somehow always in motion, sometimes ahead, anticipating and sometimes behind the actual action (it is my impression :)